Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bye for now

My season is wrapping up.  I will be leaving here in a few days.  There is something here that keeps drawing me back year after year.  The fun people, the work, the lifestyle, the beautiful place, all makes it an amazing experience.
I will be traveling for a short time in New Zealand and am looking forward to seeing flowers, grass, dogs, and all the things that are missing down here.  I miss my family and friends while I am here, so look forward to going home.  However, it seems like only a matter of time before I am dreaming about Antarctica again.

Only a short five months ago, this place was covered
with several feet of snow and ice


Now the open water stretches almost the entire way
to the mountains

Beautiful colors after the Emperor Penguins molt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment